Register Here
Forum Home Site Home Forum Search Forum FAQ Manage Mail List Chat Room Purchase Contact Us Introduction Letter
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

You Are Not Registered Or Not Logged In
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: ableadams Subject: Holding hands versus arms
idou

posted on 10-18-2011 at 08:45 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Holding hands versus arms

A silly little question, but here goes:

I recently went to Russia to meet "my special one". I asked her if she wanted to hold my hand. The answer I got sounded like "we don't do that here, the woman holds the man's arm". Then she proceeded to hold my arm.

I was married for a very long time, and its hard to recall her ever holding my arm, my perception was this is a more old-fashioned way of doing things, and that most couples in the west hold hands. But its one of those things I've simply never thought about before. I'm thinking to say if she comes to visit me, ok now you're in the west, you can hold my hand too. But I'm curious now about whether I know my own culture, and whether this is a little cultural difference. What do you think, is the Russian way for a woman to hold the man's arm, and the western way more towards holding hands?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By idou (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Krystyna

posted on 10-19-2011 at 06:49 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Young women hold hands

Hi,

I do not know how old your woman is, but it is more normal and common that young couples hold hands. Older women (who are 40-50 y.o.) use to hold the men's arm. I cannot explain you why this woman is so old-fashioned. Maybe, she wants to show you that she is very traditional.... I do not know!

Krystyna
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By Krystyna (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
idou

posted on 10-19-2011 at 21:20 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
She is 29

She is 29.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By idou (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Theo3773

posted on 10-23-2011 at 22:12 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Holding Arms

My girlfriend in Russia, she always held my arm, never my hand.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Theo3773 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
ableadams

posted on 06-25-2020 at 21:13 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Children hold hands

It is a good question, and the answer, for a Russian, is that children hold hands, adult women take their man's arm. One is cute, the other is a statement.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By ableadams (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.012 seconds, 12 queries

Foreign women forum reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Foreign women forum. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Foreign women forum