Register Here
Forum Home Site Home Forum Search Forum FAQ Manage Mail List Chat Room Purchase Contact Us Introduction Letter
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

You Are Not Registered Or Not Logged In
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: jediclampet Subject: Trying to beat the K-1 process
SteveWilliams

posted on 05-19-2004 at 09:47 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Trying to beat the K-1 process

I have come accross what I see as a serious situation and I wanted some comments from expereinced guys on this.

A friend of mine is engaged to a Russian girl and they are gathering the papers for the K-1 application. But he has spoken to the Texas BCIS and thay have given him pretty bad info as far as I see it and he wont listen to anyone else now.

He plans to file for the K-1 in Texas BCIS (they say 2 months...yeah right !!!) but at the same time he wants his fiancee and her 9 year old daughter to apply for a tourist visa so they can come to the US immediately and wait there for the K-1 visa process to run its course and fly back to Moscow for the interview. Texas BCIS says this is fine. As far as I am aware the BCIS have nothing to do with a tourist visa application.

I cannot believe that this can work. If it was that easy everyone would do it. As far as I see she would be refused a tourist visa because she would be applying for a K-1 visa and that is for a different purpose than the tourist visa. The embassy would refuse the tourist visa and that would affect her K-1 visa. Thats as I see it, maybe I am wrong and this is a simple solution to the problem....but I don't think I am and I want to show him that I am not the only one that thinks so.

If any experienced guys want to pass comment on this guys plan...then please do.

Thanks
Steve
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By SteveWilliams (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
e-rw

posted on 06-08-2004 at 15:29 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
You seems to be absolutely right...

You seem to be absolutely right in your opinion about your friend's plans. I think the right way is to get K-1 as soon as possible and not to have any deals with tourist visa.
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By e-rw (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
scotty_4u

posted on 06-30-2004 at 23:09 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
K-1 & tourist Visa, uscis says NYET!

According to the uscis
http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
you can't have your cake and eat it too. They won't allow K1 and tourist visa.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By scotty_4u (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
jediclampet

posted on 01-28-2018 at 08:27 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
no tourist visa before fiancee visa in the US?

So it would actually impede the fiancee visa application process if the fiancee has previously applied for a tourist visa in the US? If we just wanted her to come to the US to visit before we apply for a fiancee visa?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By jediclampet (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.012 seconds, 11 queries

Foreign women forum reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Foreign women forum. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Foreign women forum