Register Here
Forum Home Site Home Forum Search Forum FAQ Manage Mail List Chat Room Purchase Contact Us Introduction Letter
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

You Are Not Registered Or Not Logged In
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Guest Subject: Am I possibly going to get scammed?
isthisright

posted on 08-02-2005 at 01:37 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Am I possibly going to get scammed?

Hi everyone. Great to see a forum here on the web like this.
Here is a rather strange suggestion from a Russian lady that I am in correspondance with.

We have exchanged lots of natural photo's, spoke on the phone time and time again (she speaks excellent English) and we "seem" very good for eachother. So I have decided to go to St Petersburg for a few days to meet her.

However, she insisted that she sends me the Visa invite documents, which she prepared herself (she works in a travel agency) She has booked me an apartment for my 4 day stay, but yet she says to put on the Visa for that I am staying in a 4 star hotel that I have already payed for! Why not tell the truth?

Here is what she has put in a recent mail.

> In the documents it is written that you are supposed to stay from the 25th till the 29th of August in a single room with breakfast in the 4 star hotel Neptun" by name and its address is:
>
> naberejnaya Obvodnogo canala, 93a
> St-Petersburg, 191119
> Russia
>
> Also it is written in the documents that you have already paid for the hotel.
>

she then said that after my arrival, we need to register at the hotel and pay 20 dollars registration at the hotel that I won't even stay at.
What does everyone think? Do you think that I could get scammed here for hotel money that I don't owe?

Many thanks everyone.

Mark. :)
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By isthisright (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
ken

posted on 08-02-2005 at 23:53 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
No worry

Hi Mark,

This is normal we do it for our clients all the time at A Foreign Affair that stay in apartments.

Ken
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By ken (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
isthisright

posted on 08-03-2005 at 01:59 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Thanks Ken but why is this?

Thanks Ken, but why is this so? Do apartments cause problems with Visa's? :)

Mark :)
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By isthisright (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member

posted on 09-08-2005 at 10:22 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator

Hotels register their clients automatically, while private places don't. It is strange, though, that she "insisted"... I hope you are her only "client" and that she is not just "pushing" the services of the agency she is working for...
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Guest (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.017 seconds, 11 queries

Foreign women forum reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Foreign women forum. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Foreign women forum